In order to make your conversation flow work, you need to connect the messages to one another. These connections determine the order in which the messages will appear.
You can do this as you go – connecting each message you create to another message – or you can do this at the end once you’ve set out all of your messages.
Unconnected messages will show up in red.
You can do this in the Flowchart or List view. All the connections you make in the Flowchart will be reflected in List view, and vice versa.
You can connect messages in two ways in the Flowchart.
Connecting a new message
To connect a new message, follow these steps:
- Click on a message you’d like to add a new message from.
- Click on the ‘Connect new message’ card that appears. A sidebar will appear for you to add your new message.
Connecting existing messages
To connect existing messages, follow these steps:
- Click on a existing message you want to create a connection from.
- Click on the ‘Connect to’ button in the top toolbar.
- Click on a existing message you’d like to connect to.
If you’re creating messages in List view, once you’ve created more than one message, you’ll see a purple chain-link button appear both at the top-right and bottom-right of each message. The top right (Add 'from’ connection) is to connect from earlier messages; the bottom right (Add 'to’ connection) is to connect to later messages.
When you click on this, a sidebar will appear. Use the dropdown to choose from the full list of messages you’ve created, and press Save connection
Visit this article to learn how to apply rules to connections.
Got a question? Contact us at email@example.com.