You can connect your Josef account to Google Analytics to track and report all your bot traffic.
Once connected, you will be able to review various bot interaction metrics in Google Analytics under the various tabs, including:
- Realtime (details about active interactions)
- Audience (details about your users, such as what technology they use)
- Behavior (details about how your users interact with your bots)
[Image: Google Analytics home page]
How to connect
This will depend on which version of Google Analytics you are currently using. The latest version is Google Analytics 4.
Please see our instructions below.
Google Analytics 4
If you're using Google Analytics 4, get started with these steps:
- Navigate to the Admin panel, click Create Property and give the property a name.
- Next, click Show advanced options. A drop-down menu will appear entitled Create a Universal Analytics property.
- Click the toggle on the right.
- Under Website URL, enter https://bot.joseflegal.com.
- Click Next.
- Complete the optional Business questions then click Next.
- Once the Web stream details tab appears, return to the Admin panel.
- Under Property on the left, click your new property title. A drop-down menu will appear. The title will look something like this: [title] - GA4 (xxx).
- In the drop-down, find the same property with (UA-xxx) at the end. Click & open.
- Under this property, click Tracking Info then Tracking code. The Tracking ID will be located in the top left of the tab.
- Login to your Josef Dashboard, open My account, then Default design.
- Scroll to the bottom then paste your Google Analytics Tracking ID in the field.
- You're done!
If you're using Universal Analytics, follow these steps:
- In your Google Analytics Admin panel, create a Property and give it a name and set the Default URL as: https://bot.joseflegal.com
- All other settings can remain default or you can adjust them to suit your needs.
- For the property you created, head to the tab Tracking Info and select Tracking Code.
- Copy your Tracking ID - it should look something like this: UA-12345678-1.
- Login to your Josef Dashboard and head to the My account tab in the top-right and then the Default design tab.
- Scroll to the bottom and in the field Google Analytics tracking ID, paste your tracking ID.
- You're done!