Each time an end-user opens a Josef bot in their browser, their previous bot responses are cleared from the bot UI by default, meaning a fresh new interaction is ready to take place.
If you would prefer user responses to be saved each time a user exits a bot, you can make this change in the bot's Details settings.
To do this,
- Navigate to Dashboard > [Bot] > Design > End user data.
- You'll see a dropdown menu with two options:
- Clear existing responses (default)
- Save existing responses
- Select which one you'd prefer and the change will be applied to the bot automatically.
- Important: If your bot is already live and has open user interactions, bot users will need to click Start again in the bot UI for this new change to be applied.
- Note: This change is also made on a bot level only. To apply to this change to other bots, follow the same process (steps 1 - 3) bot-by-bot.
[Image: End user data in the Design tab]