Some bots require multiple end users to submit one bot interaction. This is often the case for bots featuring approval workflows.
One user may respond to one section of a bot, while another user responds to another section or approves the first, and so on. This process is repeated until the interaction is submitted.
If you manage (or are looking to build) such bots, here are some tips to ensure they work as expected!
How they work
Approval workflow bots are first accessed by users via live bot URLs (available to builders in the bot's Launch tab).
Once the first user has interacted with the bot, they then share their interaction with subsequent end-users via Save progress links generated in the sidebar of live bots.
This process is repeated until the bot interaction is complete.
[Image: Save Progress sidebar in the bot UI]
Ensure they work
To ensure bot interactions shared by Save progress links feature each of the previous users’ responses, check that your bot's End user data settings are set up correctly.
- Open your bot via the Dashboard.
- Select Design.
- Review the dropdown menu under End user data.
- Ensure it has the following applied:
- Clear existing responses (default)
- Update this to the above if necessary.
[Image: End user data settings in a bot's Design tab]
If your bot is already live, complete the five steps above. Then, (if ready) go to the Launch tab and click Update bot.
This will apply this bot edit (and any others you may have made) to the live bot and ensure future bot interactions (accessed via Save progress links) display as expected!
[Image: Update bot in a bot's Launch tab]
- Hint: If end-users experience issues accessing previous user's responses after the above edit above has been applied, we recommend:
- They restart their interaction by clicking Start again in the bot UI.
- Next, they reload the bot via the relevant Save progress link.
Got a question? Contact us at email@example.com.